Canoe Kayak Ontario (CKO) Sprint is excited to announce new funding available to support Ontario clubs return to paddling, and to provide a safe environment for all participants.
CKO Sprint and Canoe Kayak Ontario (CKO) will be providing $47,464 to Ontario clubs in COVID-19 Relief funding based on either their 2019 or 2020 registration numbers submitted to CKO. All eligible clubs will receive $500 each if they were registered with Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC) during the 2019 or 2020 season, and an additional $500 for the 2021 season.
After the above funding is determined, we will be using a variable funding formula to distribute the balance of the COVID-19 Relief fund. The variable formula is based on Competition membership and Participant (non-competitive, recreation, camp, etc.) numbers submitted to CKO in either 2019 or 2020, whichever is higher. 67% of the remaining fund will be divided by the total Competitive membership to determine the per Competitive member allocation. The remaining 33% of the funding will be divided by the total Participant numbers to determine the per Participant number allocation.
In addition to the COVID-19 Relief funding, CKO Sprint will be providing $12,000 in funding to support Safe Sport screening requirements, as per CKC’s Safe Sport Policy. Eligible expenses include up to $28/Level 2 Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) screening, and up to $60/Level 3 E-PIC and Vulnerable Sector Check screening. All Clubs & Divisions requesting funding must provide proof of Safe Sport eligible expenses by September 30, 2021. An application form will be developed to facilitate the claim process.
Similar to the COVID-19 Relief funding model, all eligible clubs who are registered with CKC in 2021 will receive up to $300. The remaining funding will be divided by the total combined CKO Sprint Competitive and Non-Competitive memberships* submitted to CKO Sprint by September 30, 2021, to determine the per member allocation. Please note, up to $750 per Division is allocated to cover Divisional BODs and Officials expenses. Funding to clubs will not exceed submitted expenses.
*CKO Sprint is currently developing an updated definition of Competitive and Non-Competitive membership for 2021 which will be distributed to clubs in July.
To be eligible for both the COVID-19 Relief and Safe Sport training funding, clubs must be registered with CKC for 2021 by this Friday, June 25, 2021, and offer programming for the 2021 season.
CKO Sprint would like to congratulate all Clubs, Coaches, and Volunteers for their tremendous efforts in providing high quality programming to their membership and we hope the COVID-19 Relief and Safe Sport training funding will assist you in continuing to provide such programming for years to come.